WELCOME TO EQUINOX DETOX

This Detox runs twice a year. If you would like to join the mailing list just let me know at gpwh@yahoo.com
Topics posted here are also posted on the website Forum. Please feel free to comment there and to add a topic yourself!
Thank you!
Georgie

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Earthing


A couple of years(?) ago I blogged about the difficulty I have breathing through my nose at night. This has got a lot better in the last year, although still not consistently so. I have come to believe that this has something to do with my ch'i being low. If I do certain things it improves and I have more energy, plus experience the bliss of breathing through my nose all night! One of the things that has really help me is understanding and putting in practice the concept of earthing.
Earthing 
This is all about electricity. We are electrical beings. We are surrounded by electronic appliances in our lives, all of which create positive charge around us and in us. So, rather than being neutral or preferably slightly negatively charged, we go around charged up! This causes inflammation, irritation, anxiety and can stops us sleeping well. 
This is not a new phenomena. There are famous winds around the world like the Mistral in southern France famous for making people angry and irritable. This is because the geology that the winds blow over robs the air of negative ions - leaving it charged with positive ions. Conversely everyone knows the calming, good feeling we get from being by the sea where the air is charged with negative ions. 
Earthing is about getting our bodies into the right electrical state and this can be done simply through contact with the earth. Be your own electrical conducting rod, simply by having contact with the earth. Walking barefoot and sitting on the ground will draw out the excess positive charge, calming us down and reducing inflammation. This is a very simple but powerful healing concept. 
Earthing has really helped me and I've had a very enjoyable summer barefoot walking and snoozing on a rug on the lawn. Now it's getting chilly and wet... not so easy, so I'm going to buy an earthing bed sheet. This is an under-sheet that has a silver threat woven through it. You plug it in to the electric socket (it only has contact with the earth) and it earths you while you sleep!
I'll let you all know how I rate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment