WELCOME TO EQUINOX DETOX

This Detox runs twice a year. If you would like to join the mailing list just let me know at gpwh@yahoo.com
Topics posted here are also posted on the website Forum. Please feel free to comment there and to add a topic yourself!
Thank you!
Georgie

Tuesday 23 March 2010

My healing & the 5 Elements

I would like to share with you a few brief experiences of what I consider my healing journey (it's an on going process), from the aspect of the 5 elements. I hope this may help you see more of what is happening with your own journey and maybe you would like to share yours too!


When I look back now I see how I started out my teen and adult life very much out of balance, especially in the water element (which tends to get thrown out of balance if anything else is out). My wardrobe was almost exclusively blue and black. I barely considered wearing other colours. And I was afraid of so many things - being hurt in love and trying new things for example.


Then when I started working on healing myself the colour green came into my life. I have a lovely green woolen sweeter that I used to wear all the time, but for some reason I haven’t worn it now for about 6 months. For a number of years I experienced a lot of anger. Anger at myself, lashing out at others, irritability! Oh my god!


Anyway, I think that finally I’ve found some balance in the element of wood. Which I can tell you is a relief! I feel freed from the destructive force of my own anger. Wow, what a wonderful feeling!


With every detox there seems to be a theme that my body is working on and this time it's the fire element. I’ve spent the last week wearing red, red, red, I even found myself buying a red cardigan. I’ve also found it impossible to stay awake after 9pm - triple heater time. I observe this in retrospect, having re-read Dianne Conelly’s book click here to find it on amazon. Now I have been observing in myself over a couple of years that I am/was one of those women that suffer the cold terribly and I have worked out that this is closely connected with my digestion. When I eat wheat my digestion slows down. My energy levels drop like a stone, I get terribly lethargic. And I feel cold, my central heating system does not working properly. Now I’m not saying that wheat is the cause of this. The wheat (for me) is what causes my digestion to slow down. The small intestine is like your internal furnace and when I eat bread it's like throwing a load of damp leaves on the fire.


So last week when I found myself obsessed with the colour red (this obsession has passed already by the way), I also had a line of sores behind both ears. This was really painful for a few days. I had been thinking I must just look on my meridian charts to see if an energy line runs down there. And last night I finally had a look. One does, and it's in the fire element - the meridian of the triple heater - the body's central heating system. Now I’m not sure what my body has done, but I know that some resolution of an imbalance has been corrected. I also know if I stay away from wheat most of the time I don’t suffer like I used to from the cold.


How wonderful our bodies are if you give them time and space to sort things out naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment