WELCOME TO EQUINOX DETOX

This Detox runs twice a year. If you would like to join the mailing list just let me know at gpwh@yahoo.com
Topics posted here are also posted on the website Forum. Please feel free to comment there and to add a topic yourself!
Thank you!
Georgie

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Spring cleaning and Meat..

Hi Folks

Hope you are all doing well. I've had a bit of a rough week personally but feel better today. It always makes we smile how my outward world is such a reflection of the inner. I have been spring cleaning my house, clearing out the garden shed, washing rugs and generally getting things spick and span, and my foggy headed world of the last week - where I have felt like I was only half here -  is finally lifting.

This detox when I reflex, actually started for me at the end of January - which was the last time I ate meat. I have never been vegetarian before, but never really like meat as a child and I ate more meat than I would have liked in recent years because I lived with a man who liked it. So as many of you know I am now single and I guess I'm eating more by instinct. Anyway, the thought of eating meat in the last 5 weeks has just repelled me. I can't do it. I'm not really sure why either. I have ethical issues with the way we farm animals, but it's not just that. It is what my body is telling me is right for me at the moment.

And that is what is so important and hopefully something that we can gain from the detox - learning to be in tune more with what is right for us as individuals. Learning to listen to what our body really needs for us to feel great!

Meat as a food can be important for some people - I'm not advocating vegetarianism for all. Meat can be useful as it is very grounding. But even if you feel it is an essential part of your diet, maybe you could eat less but better quality meat. Remember that we are taking on the energetics of our food as well as the physical nutrition. An animal that has had a good life and death is much healthier for us to eat than one that has not.

If I do eat meat again, which I think I probably will do occasionally, I will look to eating wild meats. Deer are culled in many places, and the venison is available if you ask at local butchers. This is the healthiest kind of meat we can hope to eat. The animals will have had a life in the wild, eating wild plant foods. The meat will be lean, clean and nutritious because there has been not interference with animal breeding to make them fat, and concentrate foods to make them fat, and antibiotics to make them fat. Then (hopefully), they will know little or nothing of their death, because a skilled marksman will have taken them down. These animals will not have had to faced much in the way of stress or fear. If you compare this to a farm animal that may not have known much freedom in it's life, it may well have been fed many concentrates (which if not certified organic will more than likely contain GM feeds), will have been fed antibiotics in the feed (unless certified organic) all of which will adversely affect the nutritional quality of the meat. Then at the end of it's life it will face the stress of long journeys to the abattoir... and then, well you know the rest. I always think about what if it was me? What if I were the animal what would I prefer? Personally I would prefer to be hunted in the wild - free to the end.

Ok, hope that hasn't caused too much indigestion...



No comments:

Post a Comment